Friday, October 10, 2014

Heaven couldn't wait for you...

I can't believe it's been 5 years without you Grammie. I have been thinking about you lot lately since it's your anniversary date. Tons of thoughts crossed my mind. I really appreciate you showing us our entire childhood how devoted an involved you were in your religion. I wouldn't consider myself religious but you always somehow kept me believing. It made me realize I'm like you in a lot of ways. One way is I'm dedicated to my new beginning of being spiritual and I keep it the center of my life lately, it may not be the same religion you followed but I know either way you'd respect me. You also volunteered so much and it's something I enjoy myself. Helping others and also creating cancer awareness is a passion of mine. 

This sparked another thought. I saw when you past away that you wrote checks donating money to the leukemia and lymphoma society and I couldn't help but be so thankful because those donations are what saved my life. Without that money the doctors wouldn't have the amazing chemo treatments for me that they did. It's a great feeling to know you gave to something that changed my life forever. 

I really wish you were still around when I went through cancer because I know how much you'd help us by taking care of me. Mom would have time to go do errands or pick up my meds, give her a little break while dad works, and you could of watched me and I know you'd enjoy that. Although you weren't physically there I felt you there. The times I almost gave up someone in heaven clearly helped me have the strength for another day, and I know that angel was you. 

I'll always remember you making crafts, playing dominoes or cards, & going to church. We miss you! 

Also I've realized I might seem quiet at first but just like you I have some sass :)

No comments:

Post a Comment